Archery Range Safety
Here at the Bowmen of Danesfield, we take Range Safety very seriously.
Archery is a very safe sport as long as everybody is aware of the dangers and it is conducted with safety in mind.
We follow and adhere to the Archery GB Rules of Shooting to operate the range safely and conform to our insurance obligations.
General Range Safety
- Never run, play around, drink alcohol, or smoke on the Archery Field.
- The Field Captain is in Charge, obey their commands either verbally or by whistle signals.
- Wait behind the waiting line until you hear one whistle you can then proceed to the shooting line.
- Only load an arrow into the bow once you are across the shooting line.
- Only ever point the bow at the target.
- Once you have released all your arrows return to the waiting line.
- If you spot a danger shout FAST to immediately stop everybody shooting and return to the waiting line.
- If you hear four or more whistle sounds stop shooting and return to the waiting line.
- Wait until you hear three whistle sounds to collect your arrows.
- Approach the boss from the side – never straight on.
- Either put the arrows in your quiver or walk back with arrows facing down.
- Never dry fire a bow without an arrow loaded.