Tier 4 Archery
Tier 4 – NO Indoor Shooting:
We are now in Tier-4 with the toughest of restrictions and sadly, for the time being, we are not allowed to meet indoors, therefore we can not use the Indoor Range.
We can however still shoot outdoors details below.
Tier 4 – Outdoor Shooting:
On Sundays, we will continue to shoot on the field at Danesfield school most archers will be shooting a Frostbite Round.
Because we are now in Tier-4 there are tougher restrictions, however, we ensure we are Covid Safe.
Basically, as in the first lockdown only One Person/Household per boss, with targets spaced apart.
The Latest Covid Changes.
Under strict guidance from Archery GB, we are able to shoot outdoors but not indoors.
Sunday – Outdoors
Booking is Essential.
The main points to note: There are rules issued by the Government and Archery GB it is important for everybody’s safety that we obey those rules and exceed them where we can.
Socially Distance and hand sanitiser.
- The layout of the field.
- If you wish to shoot, please complete the booking form.
- Outdoors each archer will be responsible for putting out and putting away their own boss. Indoors the bosses are permanently in place at 20 yards.
- Bosses to be set up at least 3.66 metres between centres.
- If an archer misses the target, only they can look for their arrow.
- Outdoors there is one metal detector available which must be wiped with sanitiser before and after use.
- One archer per target, unless you are from the same household.
- Distances to be 30 metres or shorter – mainly for Frostbite Round.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the starting time to enable you to set up your boss and equipment before the shooting time.
- Entry to the field is a one-way system – Come in the usual way between the back of the Performing Arts Building and the green container and leave in front of the Performing Arts Building.
- Scan the NHS contact tracing QR code each time you visit.
- Take all your possessions to the equipment line 5 metres back from the shooting line. This is normal, shooting practice — Yellow Flags.
- Shooting to commence once all the bows are on their stands ready for shooting.
- Decide who will be field captain and work to the whistle.
- Rounds will start promptly at the allotted time.
- After shooting your first half dozen arrows step back away from the line and wait by your equipment.
- If you can, score on your mobile phone or please download and print your own score sheet. Download Score-sheet – Six Dozen – Three Dozen – Five Dozen
- If you wish your scores to be recorded, by the club you can use the form below.
- Junior archers are welcome but must be capable of observing all of these guidelines.
- It is up to the last archer to ensure the equipment has been put away safely and wiped down after doing so.
- Take all your possessions to the front of the Performing Arts Building to take them down.
- Remember to use the one-way system, leave by heading towards the tennis courts and then to your vehicle.
- It is up to the last archer to also ensure that everything is cleared up and locked away safely.
- Each archer will be issued with a target face and four target pins which they must bring with them each time they come. (If your target face requires replacing, please let Kevin know in good time who will issue you a new face next time you arrive).
- Any target faces or target pins left behind will be discarded as waste.
- Toilet facilities at the school are not available. (We do not have access to any part of the buildings at present.).
- Toilet facilities are available at the Stogursey venue. Please bring a torch with you.
- If you wish to sit, you must bring a chair. (Ours are not to be used).
KEEPING SAFE – PLEASE READ
To enable everybody to shoot safely we and Archery GB have put in place the following, which all archers should adhere to:
- Remember, you are visiting a school – safety first.
- The School buildings are out of bounds.
- If an archer or member of your household has symptoms that might be Covid-19, you must not come to the club as per government guidelines.
- Archers must notify the club should they develop symptoms after attending the club.
- As we obviously must follow social distancing rules, i.e. a minimum of two metres apart at all times, each boss must only have one archer shooting at it unless you are from one household.
- To avoid contamination, archers must only use their own equipment and not the club’s, except for bosses.
- Archers who normally use club equipment will be issued this on their first booked session and will then be responsible for it, bringing it back each time they come to the club.
- Do not share equipment.
- In the interests of Covid-19 contact tracing – scan the NHS QR code at either venue each time you visit.
- Face coverings must be worn inside except when shooting.
- Archers must wear fabric or latex gloves to remove their own arrows – they can use their own arrow puller.
- If you do not have your own gloves the club can provide latex gloves.
- Please bring your own Hand Sanitiser. The club has only limited supplies.
- Hand sanitising should be as a minimum done at the start, during, and at the end of the session.
- Clean and wipe down yours and our equipment after your session – it must be clean for the next group of archers.
- Please take home all your equipment, gloves, waste etc.
- Under Archery GB Rules two archers must be present when shooting is taking place.
Guidance from Archery GB
Book your Session
Before you book it is essential, you read all the details on this page.
Should you have any questions before booking, please contact us.
We want you to enjoy your archery and look forward to when we can return fully.
However, we do want all our archers
and their families to remain safe.
FACEMASKS – HAND SANITIZER – SOCIAL DISTANCE
Submitting your Scores